In the last year I’ve been tackling some of those “too easy to be true” Facebook recipes that are constantly passing me by on my newsfeed. They are presented in such a simplistic fashion that I convince myself that I too can be a culinary goddess and create magic in my kitchen. A video from Afternoon Baking With Grandma for Chocolate Cracker Candy recently came by my screen and I knew I had to try it immediately.
Joe agrees I definitely made magic with this fast, easy, and incredible recipe for “Cracker Candy” – a true candy addict could simply call it Chocolate Crack.
If you have a sleeve of Premium Plus crackers, butter, brown sugar and a bag of chocolate chips, you are in business.
Ten Simple Steps to Magical Cracker Candy
- Line a baking sheet with foil or confectioners paper, spray lightly with oil
- Lay 1 sleeve of crackers flat on foil/paper
- Heat 1 cup butter, 1 cup (and 2 Tbspns) brown sugar in pot until it boils (stir and boil 3 minutes)
- Pour over crackers
- Into oven for five minutes at 350 degrees
- Sprinkle one bag of chocolate chips over caramel, cover with foil for three minutes
- Remove foil, spread chocolate over caramel
- Sprinkle with almond slivers, holiday sprinkles, or nothing at all
- Place in freezer for about 30 minutes to set
- Break into pieces of Chocolate Crack
Link to original recipe and video
So if you’re like I was, you may be sceptical. It just seemed too easy, and too simple. I was blown away when I tried it. The caramel had fully enveloped the crackers and the result was nothing short of a Home Made TWIX Bar. Yes, I said TWIX.
This is an easy to make, impressive and delicious idea for any holiday party this season, just add festive sprinkles !